Thursday, November 15, 2012

I'm on a plane!

So today I'm traveling home. Yes. Right now as I type I am sitting on a plane using onboard wifi. Technology fascinates me! Here's another random fact about me...I'm the world's worst traveler. I always overpack. I always end up getting to the airport super late. I always end up getting the worst seat. On top of that I'm afraid of flying. An airplane through my eyes is not a device that allows you to travel home, but rather a death capsule flying through the sky. I'm nothing if not a pessimist. (There's a reason Nathaniel Hawthorne and Emily Dickinson are two of my favorite authors). So many new facts about me you are learning.

I can't help but feel that way. When I was 8 and on the way back home from a trip to Disneyland the plane I was on with my mom and dad almost crashed. I'm not exaggerating. It's not like we had a little bit of turbulence and I freaked out and have been emotionally scarred for the past 17 years. No no. The plane I was on went into a full on nose dive and we almost crashed. People were screaming and throwing up. It was traumatic to say the least. Ever since then I've been afraid to fly. I know this is a super positive thing to be thinking of right now as I'm sitting 35,000 feet above the ground. 

Regardless...I'm 43 minutes away from home. I thought I'd give the countdown since I've been counting down my arrival home for days now. I seriously can't wait to land in my hometown and see my dad and my family and sleep in my own bed and hold my dog. 

42 minutes now.....


Sidenote: There will be a blog post when I get home about my airport observations. I would write it now...but I'm cramped like a sardine in a corner where people can easily read what I'm writing....

No comments:

Post a Comment